Saturday, May 20, 2017

HIP KIT CLUB NSD 2017

This site was new for me...and I'm totally impressed with the style, the kits, and the blog. I have been perusing the site for the past few weeks and considering joining a monthly kit subscription....Kinda pricey but possibly worth it.

Anyway, I loved the challenges. Here are some that I did...

Handcut title

playing with mixed media color kits. This is one of my faves, using gelatos, which I enjoy playing with although I am still a bit of a novice. I love the pic too, with all the stuffed animals in the background and the giant Rastafarian Banana doing some photo-bombing. I Cricut-cut some tiny bananas as well.

Using Border Punches. Love border punches!

Travel based page. Beautiful Creative Memories papers and some sequins to add a little something.

Use A Grid- a grid is a great way to showcase close-up photos, like these close-ups of street food.



Design Principles- I used principles of balance and anchoring. Funny, I use principles of design all the time without realizing it. I just do what looks right to me.

Border Punches yet again-  I love playing with the CM border system. So many possibilities!

No comments: