Thursday, November 17, 2016

Inspired by Old Buttons

Kraft Plus One has a closet challenge going on....the inspiration must come from the closet.
I have a collection of old metal buttons stored in my closet. These have fallen off of clothes over the past several decades, but for some reason, I want to keep them even if the garment is long gone.
I was inspired by the old antiquey look of the buttons. They reminded me of these brads I've had in my stash for a long, long time. I decided to put them to good use.





I find it difficult to scrapbook historic or old-fashioned looking photos, so I kept this pretty simple, Kraft as a background works well. I added some green papers and, of course, my fancy metal brads!!
Tfl 
Mandy


2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

What a clever twist on our K+ challenge! They're cute brads, too....& I think you scrapped this page really well! Simple, but effective. AND interesting reading your journaling too:)

Paula said...

Haha I keep old buttons off garments too ;) I love those brads, they work perfectly with the historic photos. Thanks for joining us over @ K+ :)