Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Going Crazy at Cocoa Daisy!

I haven't been to Cocoa Daisy in a long time. Once I remembered my password and signed it, I realized I haven't posted there in five years! The site has changed quite a bit. The design team galleries are quite inspiring.
In the forum, they have some challenges due mid-October. Five prompts in all, and you can just submit as many as you want! Perfect since I had a scrapbooking weekend with some friends. I just took the prompts with me and went to town.

Prompt 1: Use orange and black. I am working on summer pages, so orange is appropriate. I only used a little black here in the title and doodling.


Prompt 3 is my favorite. A list of tools of which you must use at least two.

Use at least 2 of these tools on a page or card
[*]embossing folder
[*]paper punch (shape)
[*]paper punch (deco edge)
[*]electronic DIE CUTTER   
[*]manual die cutter
[*]tiny attacher or stapler
[*]brayer
[*]PAINT BRUSH   
[*]edge distresser
[*]stencil
[*]HEAT gun


I use my Cricut on almost every page, so that is easy enough. But I rarely use other tools. Since I was scrapping with friends, I got to use their punches and other tools. I also dug up a few old punches myself.


For this one above, I used my Cricut for the bird cage and I used the Creative Memories border punch system for the fence.

For the below page, I used my cricut for some of the butterflies, and two different border punches. I also borrowed some butterfly punches!



Picture Perfect: Used the Cricut for the title, and my little-used tag punch to make the tag border. Also used a hole punch. 

I did a lot more, but there is something wrong with my camera card. Will be back later!!


No comments: