Monday, September 29, 2014

ARTastic Challenge. Hey first post of the year!

I have done a few new scrapbook pages this week, after a loooonnngg long time.

There is a challenge at ARTastic Challenge Blog
with an inspiration piece and the requirement to use twine in some way.

 This is the inspiration. 

I do have quite a bit of baker's twine, but don't seem to use it much. The words in the piece reminded me of summer on the beach....so I scrapped some summer pics and used the twine as a border of sorts, mimicing waves at the bottom of the page.


 I have not scrapped in a long time. I was feeling a bit rusty! Now I feel the need to create more....


9 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Good on you for getting back on the Scrappy Wagon! You've done a great job interpreting the challenge....& I really like how you've twirled the twine around on your page:) So happy to see you join us at ARTastic this month:):)

Jane said...

Hope this lovely page inspires you to create more wonderful layouts. I really like your use of twine - very effective. Many thanks for joining in with us on ARTastic.

ztinaspysselvra said...

Really beautiful! Thanks for joining ARTartic challenge!
Stina

Deb said...

A wonderful page. Awesome colour combo. Love what you have done with the twine.......its looks great. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

diane hasthorpe said...

What happy, fun photos! They look great on your page and I love how you've used your twine around the page.Thank you fpr playing at ARTastic. Cheers, Di

Julie Short said...

The twine works perfectly on your layout and suits your images too!
Thank you for joining in at ARTastic this month.

Dolly B said...

So glad you are creating again and have joined as at ARTastic. Great take on the challenge and use of the bakers twine. I hope you join us again
Mary

Tone-Lill said...

It sounds fantastic that you have done some scrapbooking again... Keep it up... You have created a fantastic page here. Thank you for playing with us at ARTastic :)

Wendy O'Keeffe said...

Love the way you've used the twine. Thanks for joining the challenge at ARTastic.