Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Walking the world, again

Yesterday, I walked this 2.33 mile route. It took me fifty minutes. There are some nice houses to look at and a few hills for a challenge. I could have walked more, but was worried about getting caught in the rain.
I decided to think of the ''running the kids around'' time in a different light.. I am going to think of it as ME time. Instead of taking Miranda to practice and coming back an hour later, I am just going to stay there. If it's nice, I will walk. If it's not, I will read. I get too stressed out going back and forth, and I never get much accomplished.
On this day, I did the walk for 50 minutes, then headed back to the car just as the rain started. Miranda's practice went on for another 35 minutes, but I had brought a tote bag full of paperwork and spent that time going through everything. Ah, it felt good to be so productive, AND it was more relaxing than running around for an hour and a half. And I save gas money. Win win.
Tomorrow is Grace's first soccer game. She has to be there an hour and a half before the game. I think I will run ONE errand, and spend the rest of the time walking, or reading, depending on the weather. It has been so wet and rainy the past three months.

No comments: