Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Some Two Peas Challenges

I joined the world of the Chatty Scrappers once again. I have been message-boarding with those women for at least five years, maybe more. I haven't been on much the past few years, but every now and again I pop on. The challenges are all just for fun and the ladies are always enjoyable to chat with, not to mention very inspirational.

So here are three challenges for the September thread:

ALWAYS TOGETHER- This is for Tina's challenge to use paint. I used some newly-found but very old Making Memories paint to edge my pictures and entire page. It is a very simple layout and needed a bit of something extra....the photos are from last summer at the cottage. We spent every evening watching the Olympics up in the tiny loft.




ON A STRING- This is for Toni's sketch challenge.  I love this page, but I am not so good at photographing pages. They never look as cute as they do in person.
I took a bunch of kids to the local Fall Jamboree last year, and we came across these adorable marionettes. Miranda just HAD to have the Panda, her favorite animal of all time.
I like the colors here. I used these really old Doodlebug Design acrylic letters. I didn't even remember having them! I must have used them before, because a few letters were missing and I could not complete my title. I remedied this by altering with a black pen..turned a P into an R, turned a C into an O. I was going to throw the rest out because I couldn't spell many more words with them, but I realized if you flip them over you have nice little acrylic dots. I could probably use them sometime.
I used baker's twine on the rooster photo to tie into the puppet theme.
I punced a little hole in the panda photo and stamped a red heart in it. I rarely stamp anymore because all that stuff was in the basement. Not anymore! Maybe I will start using stamps more often....



AUTUMN- Some more pictures from the Fall Jamboree. I absolutely love fall, it's my favorite season!
I used adorable fall papers and stickers from Creative Memories and made my own circle embellishments out of doilies. I love the way it turned out.

This is for Debi's challenge to use fall items on your page. No problem, since I am currently working on October of last year!!







No comments: