Monday, September 9, 2013

Serenity for Scrap around the World, Pixels and Paper

Here is Scrap Around the World's Challenge 5:

http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.com/2013/09/september-2013-challenge-5-bold-graphic.html


I took inspiration from this MOODBOARD here:


I was drawn to the two faces on the board: the bold black and white florals on top, and the graphic design on the bottom. I wanted large florals with some graphic lines on my page. 
I chose this paper pack from Creative Memories...I cut out a large flower from one page and colored it a little. As a background page, I chose this argyle design. I love the contrast! I wanted color on this page, but I do like the black touches on here. I usually go for the obvious when choosing color. This challenge lead me to create something a little outside of my box, and I love it!






Pixels and Paper Challenge blog inspires you with photos. The photo of September was this one:
I knew I wanted a large yellow flower that was just popping off the page. I actually made a flower similar to the one Grace holds in the photo, but it looked to "cutesy". That's when I found the Scrap Around the World challenge, and my mind went "aha!' The addition of black graphic lines was the key. My page ended up with the serene, grown-up feel I wanted. 

tfl, MANDY

10 comments:

Helen Tilbury said...

How lovely & inspirational! Thanks so much for joining along with us at SATW!!

Gayle Price said...

I love your bold colour and pattern you have used. The big flowers are a great touch and I'm really pleased that you have been inspired to create out of your comfort zone....don't stop now. Thanks so much for playing along at Scrap Around The World.

Jane said...

Such a striking background and your flower is a real standout. Thank you for joining in with us on Pixels and Paper this month.

Keren Tamir said...

I just love that photo!! and a great LO too!! thanks for joining us at SATW!!

Eila Sandberg said...

LOVE that big flower! such a statement detail on your wonderful page. Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW this month!

juscrap said...

Beautiful page!Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW this month!

Alexandra Polyzou said...

very cute layout!!!!Thanks so much for joining along with us at SATW!!

Tone-Lill said...

You really caught the "moment" from the inspiratin photo. I love the photo you have used on your LO and it looks fantastic with the gorgeous cut out flower. Thank you for playing along with us over at Pixels and Paper :)

diane hasthorpe said...

Hi! Love your photo and how you've accented the gorgeous flowers in your layout. Thank you for playing with us at Pixels and Paper. Hope to see you here again. Cheers, Di

Alicia Somers said...

I love the flower and the way it stands out on the bold look of this page, great job. Thanks for joining us on Pixels and Paper this month.