Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A bit of weeknight cleaning.

One of my problems is handling my weeknights. I never know what the kids are up to. They make plans, or things come up, or they ask if friends can come over. It's crazy. Miranda has her friend Alli over, Gracie is somewhere. She told me, but I didn't listen because I was angry when I learned that the plans I had in my head are not the ones I will have in reality.  Holly is at band practice. I am without a car.

I do not really feel organized tonight, but I did just plod through a few things.
I did some pool cleaning. The chemicals are getting low again, so I did put some chlorine in. But my main purpous was to vacuum. I vacuumed the crud off the bottom, then I tried to wipe down the sides of the pool, which are pretty filthy by now. I used this orange cleaner that is chemical-free and safe. I just didn't have quite enough in the bottle. I did not get too  far with that project. But the bottom of the pool looks pretty good. Now my filter won't work because the basket in the motor is clogged and I cannot get the lid open. Neil openned it for me the other day and said we'd have to vaseline it so I can open it. Another thing I need a man to do for me. That's one thing I hate about being a single mom. Guess I should work on my arm strenght!

Afterwords, I decided to work on my clothes and laundry. I unloaded the clean clothes from baskets and suitcases that I hadn't gotten to yet. Then I quickly cleaned out my drawers. I don't have much space in there, so I came up with a few ideas. I have two underwear drawers and noticed that I have a lot of things in there I do not wear on a regular basis, notably pantyhose and bondage underwear, you know, those horribly uncomfortable things that are supposed to suck in all the fat? I amassed quite a collection,but I never wear them. I never wear hose either. So those were moved into some cubbyholes in a shoe organizer in my closet. Now those drawers contain the things I always wear: undies, socks, and bras. I decided to move my swimsuits to hooks in my closet. Then I weeded out the winter fleece pjs and put them on a shelf in my closet. I organized the rest of my clothes : workout wear, old t-shirts, pants, jeans and shorts.
This all only took me about twenty minutes. I ended up with a small bag of clothes to donate, and began a load of laundry. I feel good about this. I have much work to do up there. The closet is full of boxes upon boxes of clothes to go through. But if I tackle it a little at a time, it should all be okay.  I need to figure out what to wear tomorrow, then I might call it a night. I am tired.

No comments: