Wednesday, March 7, 2012

MARCH 2 PEAS PAGES

I went to a weekend crop last weekend and worked on my vacation pictures from Orlando.
So I am officially back into scrapbook contests! I always start with my girls at 2 Peas. There are 8 CALENDAR GIRL challenges for  March, and I need to complete at least FOUR of them to count in the drawing. I sure love winning scrap supplies! Have not won anything in quite a while. Plus it helps me get things done, inspires me to make more interesting pages, and the social aspect of the Calendar girls is a plus. They are great people.
 First up isthe scraplift challenge ..we are lifting Michelle Mostert over at 2peas. I was inspired by the color and elements of her
"Home Sweet Home" page and thought it would be perfect to lift for my airport pictures.

Here is her link
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/219221-michelle-mostert/1804790-homesweet-home-cg-2012/

and my lift of it:


  IT IS hard to see, but I used a light blue square ink block to blot on the white paper as a sky-like background.  I used Creative Memories doodle template for the dashes, and Creative Mem.'s Traveler Cricut cartridge for the die cuts. Add a little blue and red pen, and it's done.
I developed many vacation photos into wallet-size , different for me. It allows me to put more photos on a page. I kinda like how wallets look on this page.


The next challenge is a sketch. I chose a 2 page sketch and turned it into a one-pager, as i rarely do two pages.

I am also doing some challenges at Flying Unicorn and this will be submitted for a challenge using three frilly trims. I like the addition of lacy trim on a pool page. Not something I would normally do, and it makes THIS swimming page stand out from my many other swimming pages. This is why I like challenges!



No comments: