Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shrimp Fra Diavolo

This recipe was very simple, and everybody loved it. It is from an ad for Francesco Rinaldi pasta.

ingredients:
1/4 c sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 package spaghetti
1 jar marinara sauce
1 lb large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
small amt crushed red pepper

Heat large saucepot of water to boiling. Cook spaghetti as directed.
Sautee the shrimp until opaque.
In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil. Add the sundried tomatoes, garlic and crushed red pepper until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add the jar of sauce and stir.
After the pasta is drained, add the shrimp and the sauce. Toss together.

I had enough leftover for one of my lunches and another dinner. We are so busy in September, so leftovers will have to do!

I served with Texas Toast...my kids love it. I always try to have boxes of the stuff in my freezer.
I also served brocolli. I sometimes buy fresh, but I do keep frozen steam-in bags in the freezer. It is the favorite vegie of the little jury. I just steam it in the microwave and serve with butter. I do have some leftover for tonight.

I was off today, so i already have tongiht's dinner in the oven!! Will post later on.

No comments: