Sunday, May 15, 2011

Last week in the kitchen

I cooked some new things this past week, but didn't get great pictures, unfortunately.

Some of my new endeavors...barbecue burgers, creamy coleslaw, grilled vegetable salad, BLTS, Coney sauce for hot dogs, baked beans.
Mir, Grace and I love the coleslaw.
The burgers were a hit. They tasted great, as I have not made burgers in forever.
But the grilled salad, which I loved, was not a hit. It's low in weight-watcher points, so that's what i'll be eating tongiht!!
Nobody liked the coney sauce or baked beans. I kinda turned the sauce into chili and plan on serving it at a later date.
I have many things in the freezer, ready to be thawed in case I have a busy night. I 've got extra burgers, extra hot dogs, keilbasa and a bowl full of chili in there.
Tomorrow, I will be at sporting events all night. Grace has a track meet at 430, and Mir has a soccer game at 6. Both at the same venue. So we will be hanging out at the middle school fields for hours. In the rain. Yay.
My plan is to pack sandwhiches, friut and snacks for dinner for those two, and some weight-watcher-freindly fare for myself. Holly is on her own. I may buy her some of her fave soup so she can heat it up whenever she wants.
I plan on making more things this week....potato salad, cookies, a trifle, some marinated chicken. Maybe more burgers, who knows. I have today free of work and kiddies...they are at the ex's. I plan on 'precooking' as much as I can.

Well, off to do something productive, if possible.

OH, here are the recipes by the way!!

BBQ BEEF BURGERS
 half bottle bbq sauce
1/4c spicy brown mustard
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce

1 lb ground round
1 tsp chilli powder
pinch cumin
salt and pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix first three ingredients together to make a bbq sauce. Add that to ground round and rest of the ingreds. Form into patties and grill. Serve on buns, top with coleslaw if desired. I loved cole slaw on it, and of course the pickles were a perfect side!!

CREAMY COLE SLAW
1/2 c mayo
2 tsp cider vinegar
pinch sugar
pinch salt
pepper
hot sauce to taste
cole slaw mix

Mix first six ingredients together in a bowl. Add to slaw mix.






No comments: